- Visit the Discovery Centre (a member of the SW Working Life Trail) - a multi-media display unique to the South West.
- Enjoy the Heritage Amble walk trail and Game along Blackwood Road - travel back in time and enjoy the journey of a fictional Greenbushes character of yesteryear.
- Go to the mine lookout and see the Cornwall Pit.
- Experience the sights and sounds of an underground mine in the "Discovery Decline" and enjoy the interaction in the "Discovery Forest" at the Discovery Centre.
- Enjoy a walk on one of three signed walk trails in bush surrounding Greenbushes.
- Pop into the Community Resource Centre and send an email !
- Join one of the many Community Groups in the town.
- Enjoy a picnic at the Greenbushes Pool on Spring Gully Road (BBQ provided).
- Go for a drive around the district.
- Fire up the barbeques at the Heritage Park, Greenbushes Pool, or Information Bay Picnic Area.
- Stay for a day or two at Maranup Ford Caravan & Camping, local hotels or B&B's in the Blackwood Valley.
- Take part in the Discovery Centre's annual Wattle Walk in August.
- Taste the “Two Tinsmiths” at Wattle Ridge Winery – just off the South-West Highway at Greenbushes. Look for the signs.
- Visit 'Cakes By Tasty Edibles' local cake shop for a delectable treat!
Next time you make a call on your mobile phone, take that picture on your digital camera or start up your laptop computer, chances are you'll be using Australian tantalum – mined at Greenbushes in Western Australia. For inside many electronic devices there is a tantalum capacitor and the raw material for these capacitors ( tantalite concentrate) is mined at Greenbushes - the location of one of the world’s largest defined resources of tantalum.
But the story doesn't end there ... click on a link above to find more.